Sunday, May 08, 2005

Guess who's finally here?


Nell arrived at 3:40 pm, May 6. She was 8 lbs 6 oz, 20. 5 inches long. She's gorgeous and we are absolutely over the moon. She's a bit yellow at the moment, and that delayed us a bit at the hospital, but we are happily home now.

My induction was delayed by a day due to the hospital being absolutly full when we showed up May 4. On May 5, in the evening I started on cervidil. At 7 am May 6, I had very little progress, but at least my cervix had effaced. Pitocin was started at 7 am, at about 7.45 am I felt a horrific thunk on my cervix, and immediate excruciating back pain. It is like nothing I've ever felt, even when I was layed up with my back injury last year. I was absolutley in a panic and in horrific pain. Contractions were on top of each other, and I just couldn't catch my breath/stop throwing up/ or stop screaming. Even with no dilation, my doctor ordered an immediate epidural. I was upset, anticipating this would mean a sure csection, but to our surprise, by two pm, after napping all morning... my nurses said I was ready to push.

After the epidural I no longer felt any of the back labor I had experienced, and Nell was born after only 45 minutes of pushing.

She's gorgeous, and we just couldn't be happier. She's a bit jaundiced, and we are working hard on the breast feeding.

Thanks for all the good wishes.

7 Comments:

Anonymous sarcastic journalist said...

she is so beautiful and sweet and DELICIOUS!!

I GOT TO HOLD HER!!!! Consider me a member of the Nell Fan Club.

May 8, 2005 at 5:21 PM  
Anonymous Christine said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy that the new family is healthy and happy!

May 8, 2005 at 6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is absolutely perfect. Sign me up for her fan club, too! Congratulations to the three of you!

May 8, 2005 at 7:10 PM  
Anonymous Angela said...

I am the anonymous poster, by the way...

May 8, 2005 at 7:11 PM  
Blogger Soirenoir said...

Yay! Baby! I'm so glad you're both doing well :)

May 8, 2005 at 9:31 PM  
Anonymous Val said...

Hey Cas and D - CONGRATULATIONS!! She looks absolutely beautiful. And born just right before Mother's day (well, in Oz anyways), I'm sure it made it a special one.

How is mum and dad?

Take care,

Love
Val

May 9, 2005 at 2:26 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Oh, YAY!!!

Congratulations!! She's perfect!

May 9, 2005 at 5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Visit this Ring's Home Page!
Pregnancy Journal Web Ring by Kris Wallace
[ Prev | Next | Random | List | Join ]
Powered by RingSurf!