Saturday, May 14, 2005

One Week Later

I've got pics, oh have I got PICS!!!!!!!! More pictures than you can shake a stick at. Unfortunately for you internets, they are still on the camera so no pics for you at this exact moment.

I'm thinking that I'll be wrapping up this little blog soon. Nell is no longer the pod, and deserves her own blog to fully glorify her unholy cuteness. I think I may go back to posting non Nell/family stuff at doglets.blogspot.com.

When I set up Nell's new home I'll let you know the url.

Meanwhile. Here we are! One week later! Time seems to travel at a snail's pace and at breakneck speed at the same time.

I have two (human) babies on my hands as D has been sick for the past few days. I think he ate a bad shrimp at dinner Wednesday, so he's been gutted for the last few days. The other baby is crusing along just fine. She's a baby. So she has great days, and not so great days (well, let's face it, they are all great for her...but for the sleep deprived moi, the days with more sleep are better than those with less).

I know it's too early yet, but I swear to you, Ms. Cheeky Chops already smiles and tries to charm us. She's a champion eater, and a champion diaper filler. Her dad is doing quite a fine job of cleaning her bottom, despite his trepidations in advance.

Our house is in a state of barely contained chaos, but from what I gather this is fairly normal.

I'm doing ok. I love her with every fiber of my being, and yet I still have moments of "oh my gosh, what have we done!" Shifting your idea of self is always so very hard, and it seems even more difficult when you start to layer in guilt on top of it. I remember feeling a similar disorientation after both my cross-world moves...a period of floundering and redefining. A short little period of mourning for my "old" life, even though frankly, this new life is pretty darned great.

So there you go. A brief update from the land of poopy diapers, gassy baby smiles, a completely chaotic schedule, and long days of staring at my gorgeous girl's little face/hands/feet/chicken legs in wonder.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Amy said...

Congratulations! Amazing, isn't it!?

May 15, 2005 at 10:25 AM  
Anonymous sarcastic journalist said...

i am so sad. i called you and now you have a baby and you dont need to call back.

i will become an alcoholic now.

May 18, 2005 at 3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Visit this Ring's Home Page!
Pregnancy Journal Web Ring by Kris Wallace
[ Prev | Next | Random | List | Join ]
Powered by RingSurf!